Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Quiet Moments With God -- Frazzled?

This morning was one of "those" mornings. Responsibilities and tasks piled on top of me. I was on the brink. Finally I found time to sit down with The Father. I said, "Oh Lord, speak to me. I need you." And then I opened my devotional, Jesus Calling and read this, "Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what."

Ooh! Though I was anything but calm, joy bubbled up. I had that feeling--God had something to say to me. I read on.

"Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise." I will NOT allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me."

God is so good to me! He is merciful. He is kind. And today, He knew I needed to be reminded of His presence. In Him is peace. I called out to Him and He was there, because He's always there . . . where we are.


But, I am not free of responsibility. There was an "if" in the words I read. "So long as you look to Me."  I knew that I  needed Him but I hadn't been looking at Him. I'd been looking at EVERY THING ELSE.

What a blessing, what peace to know He is with us. Always.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I had a day like that yesterday! Today God has been telling me to endure, to not give up!

    Thanks for reminding me that God goes before me as well as with me, I only need to look to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TC. Good words. Endure. Don't give up.

    God tells us to come alongside one another to help and uplift each other. Life's not easy. We need Him and often He works through people.

    We're family and I'm here for you. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bonnie, I really needed this today. Have been feeling overwhelmed with things. Love "He's always there...where we are." He's been teaching me, reminding me of this. And I need to thank Him and praise Him for His goodness like you are. Praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, how good to hear from you. Just seeing your picture makes me smile.

    I'm sorry about the overwhelming stuff. It seems to be part of our lives more and more.

    When I was young I envisioned these years as quiet and sedate . . . SO wrong!

    I'll pray for you. And I need prayers back. I'm not always thankful and I don't always praise . . . but it is my heart to serve with a glad heart. I'm thankful for His mercy.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, thanks for this reminder to keep our eyes on God... what a difference His presence makes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reminder, Bonnie. I'm reading Jesus Calling every morning as well and I'm amazed at the power that comes in a few short paragraphs -- all of them bringing me closer and reminding me to stay close to Jesus. And then you post this here and I'm reminded all over again. Thank you! I'm a frail enough human being that I need countless reminders...some days I feel like I have a short spiritual attention span. :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis